Posted to dev@sis.apache.org by johann sorel <jo...@geomatys.com> on 2018/02/07 10:40:47 UTC

Capabilities on DataStore resources

Hello,

Here is a new update on the DataStore API to provide more informations.

So far we have 'FeatureSet' and 'Aggregate' types which can support
writing operations with methods 'add', 'remove', 'update', ... but it is
often required to have this information before we even try to write
anything.

To provide this information and many more in the future we had a
discussion with martin and we propose the following :
- A new CodeList called 'Capability'
- Resource has a new method Set<Capability> getCapabilities()

For now there is only a 'WRITABLE' capability but in the future we may
add others such as 'IMMUTABLE'.
A CodeList unlike an Enum allows custom implementations to add new
Capabilities without modifying SIS.

A first commit has been pushed on trunk.

Johann

Re: Capabilities on DataStore resources

Posted by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com>.
Hello

Just to clarify, the proposed change is one the JDK8 branch (not trunk)
and is of course open to change if there is any discussion. The current
proposal can be seen there:

  * https://builds.apache.org/job/sis-dev/javadoc/org/apache/sis/storage/Capability.html
  * https://builds.apache.org/job/sis-dev/javadoc/org/apache/sis/storage/Resource.html#getCapabilities--

    Martin