Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrey Razumovsky <ra...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/29 11:45:42 UTC

Night build modeler?

Hi,

I wanted to grab a night-built modeler from somewhere like
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Cayenne-trunk/

but I can see only cayenne-modeler-3.0-snapshot.jar containing modeler-only
classes (without dependencies), and I want CayenneModeler.jar. Am I missing
something or it is not built?

Thanks,
Andrey

Re: Night build modeler?

Posted by Andrey Razumovsky <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

2009/1/29 Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au>

> Ah, there you go... if we really wanted we could write a script for Hudson
> to unpack that. Add a jnlp file and the whole thing could be launched in a
> browser...

Never mind, I just could not find the jar. When I run Maven myself, modeler
is located in "target" directory, so I was a bit confused with the Hudson
output.

Re: Night build modeler?

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au>.

> Note that you have to un-jar the cayenne-modeler-java-3.0-
> SNAPSHOT.jar file, and internally it contains runnable
> CayenneModeler.jar (wonders of Maven)...

Ah, there you go... if we really wanted we could write a script for
Hudson to unpack that. Add a jnlp file and the whole thing could be
launched in a browser...

Ari

-------------------------->
ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001

Re: Night build modeler?

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
It is located here:

http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Cayenne-trunk/org.apache.cayenne$cayenne-modeler-java/

Note that you have to un-jar the cayenne-modeler-java-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
file, and internally it contains runnable CayenneModeler.jar (wonders
of Maven)...

Andrus

Re: Night build modeler?

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au>.
On 29/01/2009, at 9:45 PM, Andrey Razumovsky wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to grab a night-built modeler from somewhere like
> http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Cayenne-trunk/
>
> but I can see only cayenne-modeler-3.0-snapshot.jar containing
> modeler-only
> classes (without dependencies), and I want CayenneModeler.jar. Am I
> missing
> something or it is not built?

Hudson runs "mvn clean install". I know the Mac assembly, which fires
off a shell script which requires OSX AFAICT, will not run under
Solaris (which is where Hudson is). Is there some other target you'd
like me to add to the Hudson build?

Ari

-------------------------->

Re: Night build modeler?

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
What would be nice with all these new features is a specialized
tutorial: "Cayenne for Maven Power Users" or something. Maybe Borut
can write one.

Andrus

Re: Night build modeler?

Posted by Kevin Menard <ni...@gmail.com>.