Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu...@foxmail.com> on 2018/09/05 01:10:12 UTC

[cancel][VOTE] Release Apache SkyWalking (incubating) version 5.0.0-RC

Hi, everyone

Because license and notice breaks, I am canceling the vote. Thanks everyone.

Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking

From Wu Sheng 's phone.

From: 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu...@foxmail.com>
Date: Wed,Sep 5,2018 9:07 AM
To: Incubator General <ge...@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SkyWalking (incubating) version 5.0.0-RC

Mick

Thanks.

Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking

From Wu Sheng 's phone.

From: Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org>
Date: Wed,Sep 5,2018 8:44 AM
To: general <ge...@incubator.apache.org>

Sheng,

> Thank for guide. Document is included in source release. But i don't
> point to there.

It is in the source release, but it could be simpler to find.

I think it would be fine if you added to the README.md a "Building" section like

```
# Building
See documentation in docs/en/How-to-build.md
```

With this you can/should remove the
"Guide to build the release from source" section from your release test/vote/announce emails.

> So in your perspective, do we need another vote of this version, or
> could fix this next time?

Yes you will need a new release and vote :(
Both LICENSE and NOTICE needs fixing.

AFAIK regardless if you include antd, as iconfont is transitively included then the MIT license must be included too.

regards,
Mick

Re: [cancel][VOTE] Release Apache SkyWalking (incubating) version 5.0.0-RC

Posted by 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu...@foxmail.com>.
Justin

Yes. Understood.

Thanks.
Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking

From Wu Sheng 's phone.

From: Justin Mclean <ju...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed,Sep 5,2018 9:22 AM
To: general <ge...@incubator.apache.org>

Hi,

Do remember that a -1 is not a veto on releases, if you get 3 +1s and more
+1s than -1s you can still release. (Assuming you think the issue brought
up isn't serious and can be fixed in a later release.)

You can also try to change a person's mind who voted -1 and people can
change their vote.

Thanks,
Justin

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@gmail.com>.