Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2007/08/05 22:27:25 UTC

[Commons Wiki] Update of "UsingSVN" by DennisLundberg

Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by DennisLundberg:
http://wiki.apache.org/commons/UsingSVN

The comment on the change is:
TLP changes

  = Misc info =

- Whatever you do, don't checkout /jakarta/commons as you will be checking
+ Whatever you do, don't checkout /commons as you will be checking
  out a copy of every tag, trunk, and branch and it will take forever and
  a day.  *Instead*, check out individual components, or (more likely)
  check out "trunks-proper" or "trunks-sandbox".

  == Checkout all components ==
  {{{
- svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/trunks-proper/ jakarta/commons/trunks-proper
+ svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/trunks-proper/ commons/trunks-proper
- svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/trunks-sandbox/ jakarta/commons/trunks-sandbox
+ svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/trunks-sandbox/ commons/trunks-sandbox
  }}}

  == Checkout individual components''' ''(Don't forget to checkout commons-build!) ==

  {{{
- svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/commons-build/trunk jakarta/commons/trunks-proper/commons-build
+ svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/commons-build/trunk commons/trunks-proper/commons-build
- svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/dbcp/trunk jakarta/commons/trunks-proper/dbcp
+ svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/dbcp/trunk commons/trunks-proper/dbcp
  }}}
  {{{
- svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/commons-build/trunk jakarta/commons/trunks-sandbox/commons-build
+ svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/commons-build/trunk commons/trunks-sandbox/commons-build
- svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/sandbox/cache/trunk jakarta/commons/trunks-sandbox/cache
+ svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/sandbox/cache/trunk commons/trunks-sandbox/cache
  }}}

  == Getting directory listings==

  If you don't know the exact path to the component you wish to access, use 'svn ls' to get a directory listing, eg:
  {{{
- svn ls http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons
+ svn ls http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons
  }}}

  A web browser can also be used to view the repository structure, just by entering the URL that you would use for subversion operations.
@@ -37, +37 @@

  == Importing ==

  {{{
- svn import https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/sandbox/PROJECT_NAME/trunk
+ svn import https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/sandbox/PROJECT_NAME/trunk
  }}}

  Where PROJECT_NAME is the name of the package you want to import.
@@ -91, +91 @@

  For some other traditional uses of CVS tags, it might be better to use
  subversion "properties" (see svn set-prop).

- = Maven config =
+ = Maven 1 config =

  '''project.properties'''
  {{{
@@ -101, +101 @@

  '''project.xml'''
  {{{
    <repository>
-    <connection>scm:svn:http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/${pom.artifactId.substring(8)}/trunk</connection>
+    <connection>scm:svn:http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/${pom.artifactId.substring(8)}/trunk</connection>
-     <url>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/${pom.artifactId.substring(8)}/trunk</url>
+     <url>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/${pom.artifactId.substring(8)}/trunk</url>
    </repository>
  }}}

  = Commons repo =
-  * http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/
+  * http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/

  = Software =
   * http://subversion.tigris.org/
   * http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/
   * http://subclipse.tigris.org/  (Add http://subclipse.tigris.org/update  as an update site in Eclipse's update manager)
- If you are trying to get the latest version of subeclipse, do not use Eclipse's "search for updates of existing features", instead use "search for new features."  Eclipse kept telling me that there was no version greater than 0.9.22 while this fellow was telling me he'd just released 0.9.26.  Running search for new features against the subversion.tigris.org site quickly found what I was looking for.  Any jakarta-commons devs who want to try subeclipse but are stuck on 0.9.22 should try this.
+ If you are trying to get the latest version of subeclipse, do not use Eclipse's "search for updates of existing features", instead use "search for new features."  Eclipse kept telling me that there was no version greater than 0.9.22 while this fellow was telling me he'd just released 0.9.26.  Running search for new features against the subversion.tigris.org site quickly found what I was looking for.  Any commons devs who want to try subeclipse but are stuck on 0.9.22 should try this.

   * http://esvn.umputun.com/ ''Client for Linux, Mac, Windows''