Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Dmitry Markushevich <Dm...@alea.ca> on 2005/06/06 18:12:35 UTC

strange differences between windows/linux version (cookies?)

Hello all.

I have a very simple script that involves (1) logging into a site,
grabbing the cookie, and then (2) hitting a link (that requires
authorization). On Windows, this works flawlessly. On Linux, something
funny happens and the second request (2) fails in an interesting way. I
suspect that this has something to do with a cookie. Has this happened
to anyone before? I'm running JMeter 2.0.3 on Java 1.4.2_04 (Linux).
On Windows, it's java 1.4.2_03, and the same version of Jmeter.

I've been trying to compile jmeter from source to add some debugging,
however I can't find org.apache.log package. Where is it?

I'd appreciate any and all advice.

Thanks in advance,

-Dmitry

Re: strange differences between windows/linux version (cookies?)

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 6/7/05, Dmitry Markushevich <Dm...@alea.ca> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 17:30 +0100, sebb wrote:
> > On 6/7/05, Dmitry Markushevich <Dm...@alea.ca> wrote:
> > > Logging seems to compile to into org.apache.log4j. JMeter expects

What do you mean by this?

> > > log.apache.log. Am I missing something?
> >
> > Have you downloaded all the jars?
> > And all the property files?
> >
> > Are you building using build.xml?
> >
> > JMeter uses Avalon Logkit for all except Apache Httpclient which uses
> > Apache Logging. In turn that uses Avalon logkit by default.
>

> Whoa. Well I downloaded the source and then started hunting for all the
> dependencies. Is there a list somewhere?

All the jars needed to build JMeter are in CVS.

If you downloaded the source from a nightly build, you also need the
_lib and _bin zips.

There are some optional jars, but these are allowed for by build.xml.

If you download everything from CVS HEAD, you can build JMeter using
ant from the top-level directory. It will report any missing optional
jars.

Check build.xml for the names and locations of jars.

There is also a file: lib/jar_usage.txt which attempts to describe
where each jar is used. May not be fully up to date.

S.

Re: strange differences between windows/linux version (cookies?)

Posted by Dmitry Markushevich <Dm...@Alea.Ca>.
On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 17:30 +0100, sebb wrote:
> On 6/7/05, Dmitry Markushevich <Dm...@alea.ca> wrote:
> > Logging seems to compile to into org.apache.log4j. JMeter expects
> > log.apache.log. Am I missing something?
>
> Have you downloaded all the jars?
> And all the property files?
>
> Are you building using build.xml?
>
> JMeter uses Avalon Logkit for all except Apache Httpclient which uses
> Apache Logging. In turn that uses Avalon logkit by default.

Whoa. Well I downloaded the source and then started hunting for all the
dependencies. Is there a list somewhere?

-d

Re: strange differences between windows/linux version (cookies?)

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dmitry Markushevich <Dm...@Alea.Ca>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.