Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Jurgen Lust <Ju...@UGent.be> on 2006/01/08 21:58:55 UTC

big update to schedule component

Hi,

I guess this is the last time I go on vacation to a place without
internet connection :) I took my laptop with me on my skiing trip to
finally get some work done on the schedule component and what happens?
The whole project gets restructured in the meantime :)
Anyhow, I'll adapt my changes to the new structure right now and post
the patch on JIRA later tonight... In the meantime, here's the list of
changes:

all css classes can now be overridden using component attributes
---
I have completely rewritten the examples. There are now 4 of them, each
demonstrating a different feature
---
the themeing mechanism has changed: instead of using the theme id to
determine which css file to load, the theme id is now added to the
schedule div css class as a suffix: e.g. schedule-detailed-default,
schedule-detailed-outlookxp, schedule-detailed-evolution, ...
This makes it easier to use a custom theme: just copy the appriopriate
content of the schedule.css file to your own css, and add a suffix to
schedule-detailed and schedule-compact
---
introduced the ScheduleEntryRenderer, which renders the content of a
schedule entry. By writing an implementation of this
interface, it is now possible to customize what is rendered inside a
schedule entry. Using this mechanism, you can now also
assign different colors to the entries of different persons. I think
this is a better solution than the patch introduced by bug nr. 976. The
problem with the solution offered there is that HTML/CSS specific stuff
is put in the model interfaces and classes, which is not very MVC-like.
See example 4 for an example.
---
fixed a bug in the AbstractScheduleModel that sometimes caused the
schedule to contain 0 days after submitting.
---
added a property to the ScheduleModel, entrySelected, which returns true
if an entry is currently selected. This is a convenience
method which can for example be used in the 'rendered' or 'disabled'
flag of a component.
---
added methods to add and remove entries to the ScheduleModel interface.

Jurgen

Re: big update to schedule component

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Jurgen,

I bet you can make a patch against your local checkout and tweak it
fairly easily using search and replace.  Sorry for the hassle but I
think you'll like the results when we're finished.

Sean