Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2009/04/07 23:41:48 UTC

Re: Multicore Solr not showing Cache Stats

: - Going to http://localhost:8983/core1/admin/stats.jsp#cache shows a
: nearly empty Cache section.  The only cache that shows up there is
: fieldValueCache (which is really commented out in solrconfig.xml, but
: Solr creates it anyway, which is normal).  All other caches are missing.
:
: Any ideas why cache stats might not be getting displayed or where I
: could look to figure out what's going on?

Otis: I can't reporduce on the trunk...

chrish@chrishmposxl:~/lucene/solr/example$ mkdir otis
chrish@chrishmposxl:~/lucene/solr/example$ cp multicore/solr.xml otis/
chrish@chrishmposxl:~/lucene/solr/example$ cp -r solr otis/core0
chrish@chrishmposxl:~/lucene/solr/example$ cp -r solr otis/core1
chrish@chrishmposxl:~/lucene/solr/example$ java -Dsolr.solr.home=otis -jar start.jar

http://localhost:8983/solr/core1/admin/stats.jsp#cache
http://localhost:8983/solr/core0/admin/stats.jsp#cache

...both show full cache stats for all of the expected caches.

are you sure there isn't a bug in your configs? if you set
-Dsolr.solr.home=/data/solr_home/cores/core1 can you see the stats for
that core?

-Hoss

Re: Multicore Solr not showing Cache Stats

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Old email. Hoss, thanks for doing this.  I had a closer look at my solrconfig.xml and found that I didn't put <query> elements around the settings for caches.  Solr didn't complain, so I didn't notice earlier...

 Otis