Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by James Dixon <ja...@canberra.edu.au> on 2005/07/07 01:02:24 UTC

Authorisation and Authentication in Jetspeed 2

Hi All

Is there a guide/instructions/information anywhere on how to set up
Authentication and Authorisation in Jetspeed2?  I have looked at the
Security architecture part of the Jetspeed2 site, but, being VERY
inexperienced in Authentication and Authorisation, it didn't offer to much
in way of practical examples.  If there isn't any such
guide/instructions/information, could someone be able to provide an
explanation of how to set this up (or how they did it for their system?).
At the moment my getAuthType() returns null, so there is no authentication.

I will be querying LDAP to get credentials for the Portal.

Any advice gratefully received.

Cheers

James