Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by vdanu <vd...@symcor.com> on 2007/08/23 19:29:24 UTC

Saving responses to a file

Two things:

1. when I specified 'Saving responses to a file' and provides the file
prefix, the resulting saved file always get the type of 'unknown', e.g.
tsdata_out_3.unknown.
Is it possible to specify another file type? e.g. xml

2. Part of the response (which I save in a file above) is in base64
encoding, which is not readable when saved. I would like to convert it to
ASCII string before saving to a file.
Is there any way to do that?

Re: Saving responses to a file

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 11/03/2008, Ori Marco <or...@praxell.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
>  If I want to use to save specific file ext using java request ?
>  Meaning putting in ResultData the content and adding a child save to
>  file,
>  Can I add parameter to change content-type so that the file will saved
>  as txt or other?

No, see:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Save_Responses_to_a_file

"The file extension is created from the document type, if known."

Not using JMeter.

Re: Saving responses to a file

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 23/08/07, vdanu <vd...@symcor.com> wrote:

> Two things:
>
> 1. when I specified 'Saving responses to a file' and provides the file
> prefix, the resulting saved file always get the type of 'unknown', e.g.
> tsdata_out_3.unknown.
> Is it possible to specify another file type? e.g. xml

JMeter uses the content-type provided by the server, but you can just
rename the file after the test has finished.

> 2. Part of the response (which I save in a file above) is in base64
> encoding, which is not readable when saved. I would like to convert it to
> ASCII string before saving to a file.
> Is there any way to do that?

Not using JMeter.