Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Nawab Zada Asad Iqbal <kh...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/17 18:28:06 UTC

solr asks more and more rows from shards

Hi solr community

I am having performance issues after solr6 upgrade. I have multiple nodes
in the cluster and direct queries to one of them with `shards=[list of
hosts]` which takes care of submitting queries to all the shards and
aggregating the results. All the original queries have rows=200.

I have found that many logs with `distrib=false` have large rows value.
e.g., values like: 1200, 2200, 3200, 4200, ... .

What is triggering it?  What am I doing wrong to cause this behavior.

Thanks in advance
Nawab

Re: solr asks more and more rows from shards

Posted by Nawab Zada Asad Iqbal <kh...@gmail.com>.
So, it turned out that i was not paying attention to the start parameter. I
found that the 'primary' node is asking for very large count of rows from
shard nodes when the start= is a large value.