Posted to dev@sis.apache.org by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com> on 2017/07/09 20:23:15 UTC

A new "sis-gdal" experimental module?

Hello all

For the FOSS4G-Europe event in 10 days, I told that I will show an
example of interaction between Apache SIS and Proj4, through the GeoAPI
interfaces. That example will create Proj4 referencing objects from Well
Known Text (WKT) 2 using the Apache SIS parser. For that, we need a
module doing the binging to Proj4 (actually, an adaptation of the
demonstration module we did for GeoAPI, but leveraging more SIS
functionalities). Would there be an interest if we commit this module in
Apache SIS? It would be located in that directory:

    storage/sis-gdal

While the initial version would bind only Proj4, I propose to name the
module "sis-gdal" with the idea that future evolution would include some
bindings for GDAL too.

    Martin

Re: A new "sis-gdal" experimental module?

Posted by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com>.
Hello Georges

Indeed, I think it is a nice idea. I will just try to have a working
version first (hopefully tomorrow).

    Martin

Posted by George Percivall <gp...@opengeospatial.org>.
Martin,