Posted to user@struts.apache.org by MichaƂ S <st...@2p.pl> on 2003/05/27 09:32:50 UTC

passing variable to the tileContext

Hi,

I have a problem with a Controller class used in tile definition.
I want to pass a string from tile to tile context. Then i want to
modify/overwrite the string and pass it back to the tile.

The problem is that the tileContext seems to be empty (i get "null" from
   tileContext.getAttribute(....) ), it doesn't matter if I use
<tiles:put name="title" value="Ghost Title" type="java.lang.String"/> to
put the attribute into context or not.

However, the class nicely put back to the tileContext overwritten variable.

Can you help me ? What i'm doing wrong ?

regards,
Michal