Posted to dev@freemarker.apache.org by Stephen Chen <sc...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/18 09:06:02 UTC

Greetings

Hello,

I am interested in getting involved in this project.

Stephen Chen
Tel: 216-835-0160
Email: schenjobs@gmail.com
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stephenbchen

Re: Greetings

Posted by Daniel Dekany <dd...@freemail.hu>.
Actually, that entry is outdated (will update it). Pradeep Murugesan
has already done the AJAX-ification part, and is nowadays working on
the integration with the Manual (that's happening in the "docgen"
repository). But there are more things to do on freemarker-online:

* Fancier editor box:
  * Auto-indentation
  * Syntax highlighting
  * Auto-completion, etc.

* When FreeMarker 2.3.24 final will be out (around 2016.02.01, I hope),
  we will need an outputFormat dropdown there. It's for the
  auto-escaping feature of FreeMarker.

Note that freemarker-online isn't at ASF.

Monday, December 21, 2015, 3:18:40 AM, Stephen Chen wrote:

> :). Trying to find what exactly what I can contribute to improve
> the freemarker site, and features is needed. I did existing bug
> list, but did not find the features wanted for the site and detailed exceptation.
>  Below is only things I found for the site:
> Tooling / online tools:
>
> Improve freemarker-online, the template tester page. For example,
> it should be REST service with an AJAX based front-end, instead of
> the current full page reloading one. Ultimately, we want to be able
> to embed the tester into the Manual for trying the examples.
>
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 2:44 AM, Daniel Dekany <dd...@freemail.hu> wrote:
> Sunday, December 20, 2015, 1:23:51 PM, Daniel Dekany wrote:
>
>> Where exactly do you suck?
>
> Huh? I meant, "sTuck"...

>  Daniel Dekany
>

> ---

 Daniel Dekany

---

Re: Greetings

Posted by Daniel Dekany <dd...@freemail.hu>.
Sunday, December 20, 2015, 1:23:51 PM, Daniel Dekany wrote:

> Where exactly do you suck?

Huh? I meant, "sTuck"...

 Daniel Dekany

---

Re: Greetings

Posted by Daniel Dekany <dd...@freemail.hu>.
Where exactly do you suck?

 Daniel Dekany

Sunday, December 20, 2015, 11:51:25 AM, Stephen Chen wrote:

> Hello Dan,
> I want to work on Tooling / online tools. I am very new to ASF, could
> you please
> advise how would I get started?
> Thanks,
>
> Stpehen
>
> On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 5:02 PM, Daniel Dekany <dd...@freemail.hu> wrote:
>
>> Also: http://freemarker.incubator.apache.org/contribute.html
>>

>> Saturday, December 19, 2015, 1:45:43 AM, Ralph Goers wrote:
>>
>> > Great!  I would recommend you take a look at
>> > http://www.apache.org/foundation/getinvolved.html
>> > <http://www.apache.org/foundation/getinvolved.html> and
>> > http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html
>> > <http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html>. Then you might