Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Chris Lewis <ch...@bellsouth.net> on 2008/03/19 22:13:19 UTC

T5: t:id

Hello all,

I'm writing a component that will embed a form in it's template. This
form will serve to hold a text and submit control, but the submission
will be hi-jacked by my own ajax call. As such, the page will not
refresh but merely have some pieces updated. In my template i'm trying
to provide my own unique id to the form, but I cannot. It seems that the
t:id attribute does not handle expansions. Is that true? If so,
shouldn't it? Thanks for any input!

chris

--
http://thegodcode.net

Re: T5: t:id

Posted by Chris Lewis <ch...@bellsouth.net>.
Thanks Howard, that is in fact what I was after.

http://thegodcode.net

Re: T5: t:id

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
t:id is used to set the Tapestry ID for the form; the client id is
derived from the Tapestry ID.  The Tapestry ID must be a fixed value.

After the Form renders, you can access its clientId propety to
determine the client ID that was allocated for it.  Often this is used
when generating client-side initialization JavaScript.

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Chris Lewis <ch...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>  I'm writing a component that will embed a form in it's template. This
>  form will serve to hold a text and submit control, but the submission
>  will be hi-jacked by my own ajax call. As such, the page will not
>  refresh but merely have some pieces updated. In my template i'm trying
>  to provide my own unique id to the form, but I cannot. It seems that the
>  t:id attribute does not handle expansions. Is that true? If so,
>  shouldn't it? Thanks for any input!
>
>  chris
>
>  --
>  http://thegodcode.net