Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de> on 2014/04/18 15:36:14 UTC

New PDFBox bugfix release 1.8.5

Hi,

it's time to cut a new bugfix release as there are a lot of fixes
in our queue. Additionally I already announced a possible new release in the
second quarter and people are already asking for it. ;-)

WDYT?
Is there anything we should wait for? Any fix only available in the trunk which
should be merged into then branch as well? What about the 4 open issues [1]
marked with fix for 1.8.5?

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

[1] http://s.apache.org/VwQ

Re: New PDFBox bugfix release 1.8.5

Posted by Cheng Leong <ch...@indeed.com>.
I submitted a patch in January to
PDFBOX-399<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-399>  for
ignoring badly-formatted CMap ToUnicode instructions. Can this be
considered for inclusion in 1.8 series?

Apologies if I put the patch in the wrong issue.

Cheng

Posted by John Hewson <jo...@jahewson.com>.
Looks good to me!

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 18.04.2014 16:13, schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler:
> Sounds reasonable. Will you do that?
Yes will do.
Tilman

Re: New PDFBox bugfix release 1.8.5

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi there,

there is an issue with my local copy of pdfbox atm - need a little more time to resolve the issue.

BR
Maruan Sahyoun

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Am 18.04.2014 16:58, schrieb Tilman Hausherr:
> Now only Maruans issue is open. I'm currently fixing more javadoc stuff for 1.8
> and 2.0 and will comment when done. This will be finished in 15 min.
>
> After that, two possibilities IMO:
> - if you can also work on it tomorrow, just wait for Maruan
> - if you can only work on it today, then set the issue to resolved after I'm
> done and Maruan can open a new issue.
IMHO we are not in a hurry here, so let's wait a couple of days to give the
other committers a chance to provide their opinion about the new release.

> Tilman
Thanks so far for handling those open issues.

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Am 18.04.2014 15:52, schrieb Tilman Hausherr:
> Am 18.04.2014 15:36, schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler:
>> Hi,
>>
>> it's time to cut a new bugfix release as there are a lot of fixes
>
> Yes!
>
>> WDYT?
>> Is there anything we should wait for? Any fix only available in the trunk
>> which should be merged into then branch as well? What about the 4 open issues
>> [1] marked with fix for 1.8.5?
>
> PDFBOX-1946 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-1946>: person didn't
> answer => set to resolve
+1

> PDFBOX-1977 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-1977>: LZW bug has
> been resolved. However the test is still not perfect. Don't really know what to
> do, I don't have the time to create a "perfect" test, i.e. that would 1. include
> the case that failed, 2. have both types of tests, deterministic and
> non-deterministic. A possible solution would be to change the title to the bug
> only, then create a new issue re: the test for 2.0 only. WDYT?
Sounds reasonable. Will you do that?

> PDFBOX-2026: <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-2026>IMO the bug has
> been fixed. However the user didn't answer. I will set to resolve.
+1

> PDFBOX-1897 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-1897>: I'll let Maruan
> resolve that one
>
> Tilman