Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by "Marian Schedenig (qs)" <Ma...@qualysoft.com> on 2009/08/24 17:09:49 UTC

1.5.5. - LdapService gone?

Hi!

I've written a simple wrapper to run a directory server as a web application
in Tomcat (based on the guide). Worked fine in 1.5.4, but it looks like some
dependencies have changed in 1.5.5. In my Maven project, I had to remove the
dependencies to apacheds-core-cursor and mina-filter-ssl. Now the following
classes cannot be found anymore:

import org.apache.directory.server.ldap.LdapService;
import org.apache.directory.server.protocol.shared.SocketAcceptor;

I haven't been able to find new locations for these classes nor any
information that they have been dropped or replaced. So now I'm somewhat
stuck.

What happened to these classes?

Thx,
Marian.

PS: The user guide still refers to these classes for creating a web
application wrapper.

Re: 1.5.5. - LdapService gone?

Posted by "Marian Schedenig (qs)" <Ma...@qualysoft.com>.

Kiran Ayyagari wrote:

>              ldapServer = new LdapServer();
>              ldapServer.setTransports( new TcpTransport( 1024 ) );
>              ldapServer.setDirectoryService( dirService );

Brilliant, just what I needed to know. Everything's working again now.

Cheers,
Marian.

Re: 1.5.5. - LdapService gone?

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ay...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marian,

> I've written a simple wrapper to run a directory server as a web application
> in Tomcat (based on the guide). Worked fine in 1.5.4, but it looks like some
> dependencies have changed in 1.5.5. In my Maven project, I had to remove the
> dependencies to apacheds-core-cursor and mina-filter-ssl. Now the following
> classes cannot be found anymore:
>
> import org.apache.directory.server.ldap.LdapService;

this class has been renamed to org.apache.directory.server.ldap.LdapServer

> import org.apache.directory.server.protocol.shared.SocketAcceptor;
this class has been removed and in its place various XXXTransport classes are introduced
ex. TcpTransport, UdpTransport

with these changes the code to start ADS now look like this

             ldapServer = new LdapServer();
             ldapServer.setTransports( new TcpTransport( 1024 ) );
             ldapServer.setDirectoryService( dirService );

> PS: The user guide still refers to these classes for creating a web
> application wrapper.
sorry for the inconvenience, but all the doc section needs to be reviewed and we are planning to
do this asap

HTH
Kiran Ayyagari