Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Phibee Network operation Center <no...@phibee.net> on 2005/05/16 14:35:49 UTC

Relaying Server and sa-learn --spam

Hi

i use a Linux Server with Qmail/SpamAssassin 3.0.3/Qmail-Scanner-1.25st ...
this server are the first mx contact, receive the email, scan it for
AntiSpams and AntiVirus
an sent the email to another qmail server on my network.

On this server, i don't have mailbox ... i want know what is the process for
use sa-learn --spam in this configuration ?

Can i :

1- Create a email on my relay server and send with my mail software (in
forward, i use thunderbird)
to this mailbox for after start sa-learn ? but in forward, it's not a
problems ?

or

2- Put into my mail software all spams not detected into a folder, save
it, sent by ftp to my relay
and after start sa-learn ?

Thanks for your help

Re: Relaying Server and sa-learn --spam

Posted by "Eric A. Hall" <eh...@ehsco.com>.
Matt Kettler wrote:

> I've never played with thunderbird's forward as a attachment feature, but
> you might be able to use that. In this situation you'd need to set up a
> script that strips off the attachment and feeds the attachment to sa-learn.

It creates a message/rfc822 attachment, just like what SA does when it
creates a report for an (attached) message.

Stripping the embedded message out should be relatively straightforward
using some of the mime tools.

Re: Relaying Server and sa-learn --spam

Posted by James R <ja...@trusswood.dyndns.org>.
Matt Kettler wrote:
> At 01:01 PM 5/16/2005, James R wrote:
>
>> Take a look at Thunderbirds redirect plugin. It works well, and only
>> adds a few lines to the message, along with your mail server's lines.
>> I have a script that strips those lines off, and the message as
>> delivered to the client is now what is trained upon.
>

> Unfortunately, it adds Resent-From: and Resent-To... No good.

Quote my response:
"It works well, and only adds a few lines to the message, along with
your mail server's lines. I have a script that strips those lines off,"

Like I said before, you need to strip that stuff off. I use it here,
works 100%. But you do need to strip off those Resent-* lines along with
the new Received lines. I use a VBS for doing this, but I don't see why
it would be that difficult for someone to do it in perl or bash script.

..I never said it added nothing, I did say that you need to strip that
off. If you are too lazy to work up a script to do that. Then forget
about submitting messages to a server via fwd|attach|redirect (pick your
favorite) from a client machine..

YMMV
James

Re: Relaying Server and sa-learn --spam

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.

Posted by James R <ja...@trusswood.dyndns.org>.

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
At 08:35 AM 5/16/2005, Phibee Network operation Center wrote:
>1- Create a email on my relay server and send with my mail software (in
>forward, i use thunderbird)
>to this mailbox for after start sa-learn ? but in forward, it's not a
>problems ?

You cannot use a normal inline forward. You must preserve the original headers.

I've never played with thunderbird's forward as a attachment feature, but
you might be able to use that. In this situation you'd need to set up a
script that strips off the attachment and feeds the attachment to sa-learn.

>or
>
>2- Put into my mail software all spams not detected into a folder, save
>it, sent by ftp to my relay
>and after start sa-learn ?

That should work.