Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ron Chan <ro...@talk21.com> on 2000/03/01 19:13:23 UTC

winNT, IIS and cocoon

has anyone successfully installed cocoon on win NT and IIS

if so, can they give some brief steps to take

thanks
Ron

Where is the root directory? Or, Do I have the correct Tomcat?

Posted by Steve Belt <sb...@velos.com>.
Pardon this most obvious question, but I could not find the answer in docs,
FAQ, nor the MailList:

I have installed Cocoon 1.7 using Tomcat on my Win98 machine running Apache.
I can view the Cocoon.xml file (I can even view a page using my
url-producer).

I now want to view a page using the file producer, but I keep getting "File
not found" errors from the Cocoon engine. If my URL is
http://localhost/appointments.xml, in what directory should I place the
appointments.xml file? Apache's root directory is [ApacheDir]/htdocs. I am
using the default server.xml installed by Tomcat, so "/" points to
[TomcatDir]/WebPages. I have placed my .xml and .xsl in both folders, but
still I get the error.

Note: according to the FAQ, Tomcat has a problem exposed by Cocoon. As
instructed, I downloaded the latest Tomcat. It was not clear, so I
downloaded the latest .jar - was I suppose to checkout the latest CVS and
compile it myself? How do I confirm my version of Tomcat has the fix in
place.

Again, Sorry for such a basic question, and thanks for any assistance.

Steve

Re: winNT, IIS and cocoon

Posted by Tsoloane Moahloli <ts...@zen.co.za>.
We've been using JRun which works like a charm.

On 3/1/00, 6:43:43 PM, "Daniel F. Jones" <da...@cs.utexas.edu> wrote
regarding Re: winNT, IIS and cocoon:

Re: winNT, IIS and cocoon

Posted by "Daniel F. Jones" <da...@cs.utexas.edu>.

RE: winNT, IIS and cocoon

Posted by Roberto Gilberti <gi...@tin.it>.
Hi,
I've configured Tomcat to work with IIS, and Cocoon works fine.
I followed the docs in tomcat, but I recompiled the isapi connector: the one
present in tomcat is only 6k and is broken; the recompiled module
(isapi_redirect.dll) is about 64k.