Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/19 19:19:01 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache ManifoldCF 1.5, RC1

This is a major release of ManifoldCF that includes the following:

- Federated authority support
- Multiple authorization domains
- ZooKeeper process coordination
- Multiple agents processes
- Support for SharePoint Claims-based authorization
- An Email connector
- A revamped look-and-feel

This is obviously a major release, so voting will remain open until the end
of January, unless the RC is respun.

You can download the artifacts from
http://people.apache.org/~kwright/apache-manifoldcf-1.5 .  There is also a
release tag at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/manifoldcf/tags/release-1.5-RC1 .

This RC changes the dist directory organization so that jar files are not
duplicated, saving 40MB from each binary download.  It also fixes an issue
with connection limits in the zookeeper example.

Karl

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ManifoldCF 1.5, RC1

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Ran all tests.
Unpacked bin and ran all different examples, on both Windows and Ubuntu.
+1 from me.

Karl

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
FWIW, CONNECTORS-865 will require a respin of the RC.  But only maven
builds are affected, so I will leave the current RC up for a while to see
if we accumulate more tickets.

Karl

Posted by Minoru Osuka <mi...@gmail.com>.
Ran tests.