Posted to dev@rya.apache.org by "Aaron D. Mihalik" <aa...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/18 16:10:57 UTC

"newbie" label on Jira Issues

Puja and I were discussing having issues in JIRA that are pretty
straightforward to fix and would provide a good way to get new developers'
feet wet on the code base.

I looked at the Accumulo JIRA and it seems like they label this as 'newbie'
issues.  I think we should adopt this convention as well and I've started
using it.

For example: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RYA-22

It's fairly easy to search by label in JIRA.  But here's a link for all of
the open "newbie" issues for Rya:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20RYA%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20newbie

--Aaron

Re: "newbie" label on Jira Issues

Posted by "Aaron D. Mihalik" <aa...@gmail.com>.
good point.  I'll update confluence/jira.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Adina Crainiceanu <ad...@usna.edu>.