Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Vineet Mishra <cl...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/02 14:51:08 UTC

Merging Hbase Region for a Table

Hi

I have some 2000+ of Auto-Region created which I want to make down to a
less number.
I am using Hbase 0.94, is there a way I can merge the Region without
loosing or dirtying up the data.

Thanks!

Re: Merging Hbase Region for a Table

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Vineet,

You need to put HBase off, but HDFS need to stay on if you want to be able
to access the files in it.

Since I'm using Cloudera Manager I usually just use it to stop HBase, but
from the command line you should be able to do something like
bin/stop-hbase.sh .

Also, don't do this on a production cluster.

Posted by Vineet Mishra <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Vineet.