Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/14 00:56:47 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] New Committer: Bill Bejeck

Hello all,

The PMC of Apache Kafka is happy to announce that we've added Bill Bejeck
as our newest project committer.

Bill has been active in the Kafka community since 2015. He has made
significant contributions to the Kafka Streams project with more than 100
PRs and 4 authored KIPs, including the streams topology optimization
framework. Bill's also very keen on tightening Kafka's unit test / system
tests coverage, which is a great value to our project codebase.

In addition, Bill has been very active in evangelizing Kafka for stream
processing in the community. He has given several Kafka meetup talks in the
past year, including a presentation at Kafka Summit SF. He's also authored
a book about Kafka Streams (
https://www.manning.com/books/kafka-streams-in-action), as well as various
of posts in public venues like DZone as well as his personal blog (
http://codingjunkie.net/).

We really appreciate the contributions and are looking forward to see more
from him. Congratulations, Bill !

Guozhang, on behalf of the Apache Kafka PMC

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Committer: Bill Bejeck

Posted by Damian Guy <da...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Bill!

Posted by Damian Guy <da...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Bill!

Posted by Satish Duggana <sa...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Bill!

Posted by Satish Duggana <sa...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Bill!

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org>.
Congratulations, Bill!

best,
Colin

Posted by Viktor Somogyi-Vass <vi...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Bill! :)

Posted by Dongjin Lee <do...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kamal Chandraprakash <ka...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Bill!

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
and a hearty congratulations on your recent win

welcome bill!

Martin

________________________________

Posted by Ivan Ponomarev <ip...@mail.ru.INVALID>.