Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Paolo De Marco <pa...@realcomm.it> on 2013/04/16 10:03:22 UTC

Add NIC permanently

Hello,
I have CS 4.0.1 with 1 xen host and I'm a newbie. Everything works fine.
This is my question. I need to add a NIC to an istance. I add the NIC
from XenCenter. After reboot the NIC disappear. How can I add a NIC
permanently to an istance?
Thanks
---
Paolo

Re: Add NIC permanently

Posted by Jayapal Reddy Uradi <ja...@citrix.com>.
Add/remove network nic to vm is added in 4.1.0

Please find the below details:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Add+Remove+Networks+to+VMs

Thanks,
Jayapal

On 16-Apr-2013, at 3:37 PM, Saksham Srivastava <sa...@citrix.com>
 wrote:

> Paolo, have a look at
> http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.1-incubating/html/API_Developers_Guide/api-calls.html
>
> Thanks,
> Saksham
>
> On Tuesday 16 April 2013 01:50 PM, Paolo De Marco wrote:
>> Thanks Saksham,
>> I'm a very newbie :) Where I cant try the API?
>> Thanks and sorry for my questions
>> ---
>> Paolo
>>
>> Il 16/04/2013 10:16, Saksham Srivastava ha scritto:
>>> You could try addNicToVirtualMachine API with the params :
>>> virtualmachineid=<instance_id> & networkid =<id_of_network> &
>>> ipaddress = <desired IP in the network>
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Saksham

Re: Add NIC permanently