Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Chris Juettner <cj...@go-integral.com> on 2008/02/27 20:36:55 UTC

DefaultMessages.xml issue

I believe DefaultMessages.properties file for English locale had prefixes and suffixes set to empty strings.
The new DefaultMessages.xml file have the values set to "prefix" and "suffix".

Can someone explain why these are set this way?

I now have messages on the rendered screens displaying:
prefixprefixThe action was performed successfully.suffixsuffix

Chris Juettner
Integral Business Solutions

Re: DefaultMessages.xml issue

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@iguanait.com>.
I also see messages like:

prefixprefixprefixprefix The action was performed
successfully.suffixsuffixsuffixsuffix

Bilgin

Re: DefaultMessages.xml issue

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
fixed in  revision 631842.

Regards,
Hans

--
AntWebsystems.com: Quality OFBiz services for competitive rates.....

Re: DefaultMessages.xml issue

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
I committed a temporary fix in rev 632083. See my comment in the commit log.

-Adrian

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
I'll take a look at this.

-Adrian

From: "Chris Juettner" <cj...@go-integral.com>

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Chris,

Hans would be the right person to answer your question, but until he
does, I'll offer my educated guess - the properties-to-xml conversion
program they are using probably does an automatic text substitution for
empty values.

-Adrian