Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by imdhmd <im...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/06 10:20:22 UTC

activemq replicated leveldb cluster hangs upon exception in client's message handler

Following issue looks like a *potential bug of critical nature*. I am able to
reproduce it easily.

I have the following setup:
3 nodes of activemq in cluster (using replicated leveldb)

*I'm using the following sample application i wrote using camel:*
https://gist.github.com/imdhmd/86fb59190706f82d5fe4
This sample application has both the consumer and the producer. When the
application is run, producer randomly adds a number (1-9) into a particular
Q. Consumer reads from this Q and adds it to the value in a accumulator. The
application shows the current value of the accumulator.
Consumer also throws a RuntimeException whenever the current value of
accumulator is divisible by 3.

*Issue:*
Whenever an exception occurs in Consumer's processor, activemq broker hangs
indefinitely. It is able to accept connections, but it is not able receive
messages on any Qs. If you send a message to it the broker in this state, it
will not respond.

This occurs only when activemq is in replicated leveldb cluster. In
standalone setup, one retry of the failed message happens and then the
message goes into DLQ, and broker resumes functioning normally.

Is this a known issue, am i missing some configuration or have i discovered
a potentially critical bug??

Re: activemq replicated leveldb cluster hangs upon exception in client's message handler

Posted by imdhmd <im...@gmail.com>.
The activemq version i specified is wrong.
Correct activemq version is: 5.9.0

This issue is *not happening on 5.9.1*. We are upgrading.
Following fix might have resolved it:

Hence closed. Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

Re: activemq replicated leveldb cluster hangs upon exception in client's message handler

Posted by imdhmd <im...@gmail.com>.
Can some one please help me understand this issue better? Are some more
inputs required from me on this?