Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Alberto Brosich <ab...@ogs.trieste.it> on 2014/03/04 00:29:14 UTC

Best practices with subclassing and subpackaging

Hi,

I have an application with several pages, mounted in webapplication,
that do not have markup file associated. The markup file is selected
using variations in the parent class. I would like to split pages in
subpackages but if I move the markup file
(ParentPageClass_variation.html) in the subpackages too, it doesn't
work, obviously.

So, some questions.

Is it a good practice in wicket this kind of subclassing?

Is there a way to override the resolving of the markup filename?
I took a look to the apidocs without success.

Best regards

Alberto

Re: Best practices with subclassing and subpackaging

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

If a markup container (like a page, a panel, a border, ...) has no its own
markup file then the markup is looked up by using its parent.
It is possible to have many child pages in their own packages and few
markup files next to the parent's page.

See
http://ci.apache.org/projects/wicket/apidocs/6.x/org/apache/wicket/markup/IMarkupResourceStreamProvider.htmlfor
a way to use custom loading of the markup.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting