Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by ya...@sina.com on 2016/10/08 04:48:35 UTC

I found kafka lsot message

Hello every body,I build a kafka cluster(include 5 domains) use kafka_2.11-0.10.0.0 and kafka-python-1.3.1.I create a topic by 100 partitions and 2 replicate, then use 20 consumers to receive message.
But, I found sometime the kafka lost message! I found some partition's offsite lost at consumer.After, I make a global index for every message from producer for confirm this problem, and I also found the global index had been break!
Why the kafka lost message?  What can I do to fix the problem?
Thanks!Jerry

--------------------------------

Re: I found kafka lsot message

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Jerry,

Message lost scenarios usually are due to producer and consumer
mis-configured. Have you read about the client configs web docs?

http://kafka.apache.org/documentation#producerconfigs

http://kafka.apache.org/documentation#newconsumerconfigs

If not I'd suggest you reading those first and see if you can tune some of
these configs to have better delivery guarantees.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang