Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl> on 2014/12/08 14:04:10 UTC

Release guides on Wiki

Hi,

Since it turns out to be not so complicated, I have made some minor
adjustments to the release documentation ([1] and [2]), and moved the
'A guide to the Apache Flex release process' article (previously known
as the 'less-RC' proposal) to a more accessible location in the wiki.

The discussion on the process itself has already taken place on this
list and the result is the article in it's current revision. I suggest
we use the usual wiki workflow to correct any mistakes.

Now, do we vote to codify this? I suggest we don't. If anyone thinks
substantive changes are needed - that have not yet been discussed -
they are free to turn to the dev@ list, and, if no clear majority for
handling it one way or another is clear, start a vote on the proposed
changes.

EdB

1: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/2oH0Ag
2: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/OQDFAQ

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Release guides on Wiki

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for doing this.

I don't think there is a need for a vote since there is a general consensus
around the contents of the wiki.

Obviously, we can tweak the wiki as needed when some new situation arises
which has not already been addressed.

Thanks,
Om

RE: Release guides on Wiki

Posted by Chris Martin <ch...@outlook.com>.
Thanks Erik for getting the documentation together on this process.  May have been a rough road to get this far, but it's well worth it.  Liking how it came together.

I don't think we need to vote on this one.  Everyone worked together to get it where it's at now.  And like Om suggested, it's still a work in progress :)  We can make adjustments as we go along.

Chris