Posted to users@rocketmq.apache.org by Zongyang Xiao <xi...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/09 09:30:59 UTC

Introduce RocketMQ Improvement Proposal

Dear Apache RocketMQ Community

When we want the Apache RocketMQ project we propose an ISSUE with feature
request on Github. It's a nice way for a request but not very formal and
easy to trace and manage. So I suggest that we should introduce the
RIP(RocketMQ Improvement Proposal) mechanism to replace the current Feature
Request Process.

So here are some key issues we need to discuss and make a consensus.

   1. What is RIP? Why we need RIP?
   2. the Process and Status of a RIP
   3. How do we cooperate in RIP way to request or offer a feature?
   4. Should we provide a RIP template? What is the RIP template?

The answers to the above questions are included in my draft, so let's make
these document better.

The illustration and template of RIP are now available on Google Doc, links
are:

   - RocketMQ Improvement Proposals:
   https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vL2oRu2P4WiR0biHU__PemkrMDObXAa4Xw-I0gljyVg/edit?usp=sharing
   - RIP Template:
   https://docs.google.com/document/d/19JssoEGnNp1x9MoXVMoeGCWSBnBdyv97FuGcIH1fV1g/edit?usp=sharing

Comments, suggestions, and editing are welcome!

Since Google Doc service is not accessible in China mainland, the content
of these two document would be quoted below:
RocketMQ Improvement Proposals

--
Best Regards
Zongyang

Re: Introduce RocketMQ Improvement Proposal

Posted by Zongyang Xiao <xi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Apache RocketMQ Community,

I'm going to propose a new module `MQTT Bridge for Apache RocketMQ`, which
connects existing IoT devices to the RocketMQ eco-system through MQTT
protocol.
The IoT programs are able to send to or receive from RocketMQ broker
without modifying even one line of code. The design document will be posted
and the process should be pushed in the RIP way.
The formal RIP of MQTT Bridge is coming soon. Hope you guys to help and
make a difference together!

--
Best Regards
Zongyang