Posted to dev@mrunit.apache.org by "Lakshminarayana, Bhuvan" <bh...@amazon.com> on 2012/04/10 14:18:00 UTC

Support for testing partitioners

Any update on below request :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MRUNIT-88?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#issue-tabs

I am also in need of feature of testing partitioners using MRUNit.

Thanks
Bhuvan

Re: Support for testing partitioners

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

My guess that JIRA is going to take some time since we need upstream changes.

However, you can test your map/reduce code with MRUnit and test your
Partitioner with JUnit itself.

In pseudo code:

Partitioner part = new Partitioner();
int n = part.getPartition(key, value, numReducers);
assertEquals(5, 1);

Brock

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,