Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Peter Verhage <pe...@ibuildings.nl> on 2000/11/08 10:08:15 UTC

XInclude update

Can't the XInclude part of Cocoon be made in a way that if the file that
has to be included get's updated the page that includes this page is
also seen as "changed", so that Cocoon doesn't grep the version out of
the cache?

Because at the moment, if I include a page with Xinclude, and I change
the page, I have to remove the cached files and restart jserv, or touch
the original file to get this result. And I think this could be done
much easier...

Peter

--
Peter Verhage       <pe...@ibuildings.nl>
ibuildings.nl BV - information technology

Re: XInclude update

Posted by Peter Verhage <pe...@ibuildings.nl>.
Donald Ball wrote:
> this should already be the case. if it's not, it's a bug, though more
> often than not this sort of thing turns out to be clock synch problems on
> people's servers.

That could be, but I don't think this is the case, because if I change
the file that includes the other file it gets refreshed. And I also
tried to change the other. I first had, xinclude, xsp, xslt, then I
tried xsp, xinclude, xslt, and also xsp, xslt, xinclude... it's all the
same. If I change the other file it does not get recached...

BTW, I'm using the development snapshot of the 8th of november (in the
morning).

With best regards,

Peter

Re: XInclude update

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Peter Verhage wrote:

> Can't the XInclude part of Cocoon be made in a way that if the file that
> has to be included get's updated the page that includes this page is
> also seen as "changed", so that Cocoon doesn't grep the version out of
> the cache?
>
> Because at the moment, if I include a page with Xinclude, and I change
> the page, I have to remove the cached files and restart jserv, or touch
> the original file to get this result. And I think this could be done
> much easier...

this should already be the case. if it's not, it's a bug, though more
often than not this sort of thing turns out to be clock synch problems on
people's servers.

- donald