Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Victor B. Gonzalez" <ap...@vbgunz.com> on 2003/06/08 15:00:25 UTC

[users@httpd] Completely open source alternative to Active State Perl?

Hello Apache,

  Active State seems to contradict the Perl license... I would like to
  get my hands on a completely open source alternative. I checked the
  Perl site but it seems I have to build it. I do not have the tools,
  is there another binary open source alternative?

  Thank you

--
Best regards,
 Victor B. Gonzalez

apache_2.0.46-win32-x86-no_src
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1

Re: [users@httpd] Completely open source alternative to Active State Perl?

Posted by Zac Stevens <zt...@cryptocracy.com>.
Hi Victor,

On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 09:00:25AM -0400, Victor B. Gonzalez wrote:
>   Active State seems to contradict the Perl license... I would like to
>   get my hands on a completely open source alternative. I checked the
>   Perl site but it seems I have to build it. I do not have the tools,
>   is there another binary open source alternative?

Firstly, you'd be better off asking this question in a perl forum.  On this
list you are speaking to users of Apache HTTPD - not even necessarily
people using Windows or perl.

Secondly, as far as I'm aware, ActivePerl is the only Win32 perl port
receiving active development.  At a bare minimum, it would appear to be the
recommended port:

http://www.perl.com/pub/a/language/info/software.html#win32

Cheers,

Zac

Re[2]: [users@httpd] Completely open source alternative to Active State Perl?

Posted by "Victor B. Gonzalez" <ap...@vbgunz.com>.
Hello John,

>>  Active State seems to contradict the Perl license... I would like to
>>  get my hands on a completely open source alternative. I checked the
>>  Perl site but it seems I have to build it. I do not have the tools,
>>  is there another binary open source alternative?

Thanks for the link to cpan John :)

Posted by "John K. Sterling" <jo...@sterls.com>.
try CPAN:

http://cpan.org/ports/index.html