Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Shayak Sadhu <sh...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/10 07:18:40 UTC

Contribute

 Hi Team,

I would like to contribute to Apache Beam.

Regards,
Shayak

Re: Contribute

Posted by Lukasz Cwik <lc...@google.com>.
Most of our documentation talks about the execution model and concepts like
PTransform/PCollection/...[1]
There are guides for contributors related to style/building a
runner/existing design docs[2]

To my knowledge there are no project structure docs.

1: https://beam.apache.org/documentation/programming-guide/
2: https://beam.apache.org/contribute/

Re: Contribute

Posted by Shayak Sadhu <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thank you team for the info.

Re: Contribute

Posted by Trần Thành Đạt <da...@gmail.com>.
Thank you.

Re: Contribute

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1

Re: Contribute

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.

Re: Contribute

Posted by Mikhail Gryzykhin <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Contribute

Posted by Pablo Estrada <pa...@google.com>.

wrote:

> Thank you, Rui,
>
> I have the same question.
> I will start running ./gradlew <module_name>:task to  explore Beam
> codebase
>
> On Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 11:45 AM, Rui Wang <ru...@google.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Shayak!
>>
>> Thanks for your interest.
>>
>> Beam uses Gradle to build and test code. One thing I found was very
>> useful when I started to contribute was a tip about Gradle: you can run
>> ./gradlew <module_name>:task to get a list of commands that you can run
>> with Gradle under a module, which includes compile/run/build jar commands.
>> Hopefully this tip can help you explore Beam codebase.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Rui
>>

>> On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 9:08 PM Shayak Sadhu <sh...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello JB,
>>>
>>> I did take a look into the contribute page.
>>> These are the list of things I can help out with:
>>> 1. Python 3 support
>>> 3. MapReduce Runner

Re: Contribute

Posted by Trần Thành Đạt <da...@gmail.com>.