Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net> on 2001/06/30 15:48:44 UTC

introduction and question

My name is Geir Magnusson Jr, and I am an overactive participant in the
Velocity community, and currently underactive in Commons.

I am very interested in the subject the 'view layer' in Java-based
webapp development, among other things.

To that end, I will be joining the JSR052 Expert Group, primarily to
contribute some of the things that I have learned from Velocity and
other templating systems.  I am also interested in the infrastructure
and mechanics of how tags work in JSP pages, a subject that I recently
dealt with when writing a taglib (which I hope to present here this
weekend...)

I have the option of joining JSR052 as an independant contributor, or as
the Apache representative, because I am a member of the ASF.  I wanted
to ask this community if there was any problem if I did the latter.

Joining as the Apache rep means Apache would have an official channel to
give direct input into the
JSR if needed.  In general, however, I would be speaking for myself.

I want to make sure that this community, taglibs, is ok with this.  This
community is already very well represented on on the EG, and I want to
make it clear that my representation as the ASF member has no real
bearing on this community, and, more importantly, ensure that everyone
is cool with this.  If someone else wishes to represent the ASF, that's
fine - the only real requirements are being an ASF member, and ideally
not work for one of the companies already represented.  As an
independant consultant, I satisfy the latter. :)

If there are any questions, feel free to discuss publicly or privately.
Also, you should feel free to direct any concerns to Jason Hunter, who
is the Apache representative on the JCP SE/EE Executive Committee.  He
can always explain anything.

geir

System and Software Consulting