Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Laura Morales <la...@mail.com> on 2018/11/05 07:26:39 UTC

Fuseki Server vs Fuseki Embedded

Loosely speaking, is Fuseki Embedded to Fuseki Server what SQLite is to SQL server? In other words, I can use it to create/modify/delete/query TDB files using a Java library instead of having a running server?

Re: Fuseki Server vs Fuseki Embedded

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Fuseki Embedded is now called Fuseki Main.

The webapp version with UI and administration is known as "Full".

The download "apache-jena-fuseki", is the full server, in standalone and
war file form.

"Full" and "Main" are the same SPARQL engine packaged in different forms.

Fuseki Full is a webapp (even when packaged standalone) with UI and,
critically, it has a work area on disk for databases created via the UI,

Fuseki Main is the collection of servlets and is run from the command
line, same arguments, and it can also be run by programmatically
configuring it.

http://jena.apache.org/documentation/fuseki2/fuseki-main.html

New work on security, for password controlled server, service and
per-graph access control,  JENA-1594 and JENA-1623 will only be in the
"Main" server.

Fuseki docmentation:
     http://jena.apache.org/documentation/fuseki2/

If you want the UI, use "Full".
If you want a HTTP accessible triplestore, use "Main".

If you want to deploy on a cloud, with high availability, see RDF Delta
which has a enhancement for Fuseki Main to provide high availability,
using a file backed or S3-backed distributed replicated log.

     Andy

On 05/11/2018 07:26, Laura Morales wrote:
> Loosely speaking, is Fuseki Embedded to Fuseki Server what SQLite is to SQL server? In other words, I can use it to create/modify/delete/query TDB files using a Java library instead of having a running server?

Fuseki is a server.
"embedded Fuseki" means running the server along side other java code.

To create/modify/delete/query TDB files using a Java library, use
RDFConnection or other Jena APIs - no server required.