Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net> on 2007/03/28 05:30:02 UTC

Index file compressing (was: RE: Lucene.Net project involvement)

Hi James,

I believe you are seeing such a high compression ration because you have
stored the indexed data into the Lucene index.

No, Lucene doesn't have an API to take an index as ZIP file.  The class
SharpZipLibAdapter is an adapter class which you must use when you are
indexing -- it will compress your indexed data as they are stored into the
Lucene index.

You must either re-index your data using SharpZipLibAdapter to tell Lucene
to compress your stored field data, or if you can't do this, your other
option is to use Windows's built in folder compression (on the folder where
the index is located.)

-- George Aroush