Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Fu-Tung Cheng <fu...@yahoo.com> on 2008/11/04 19:19:32 UTC

Does the Server element have a listen address?

Hi,

I have two ip addresses and I would like the server element with the shutdown port to listen on only one.  Is that possible or will it just listen on all?

I did look at the docs:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/server.html

but they don't mention a way to do that.

Thank you,

Fu-Tung

RE: Does the Server element have a listen address?

Posted by Fu-Tung Cheng <fu...@yahoo.com>.
Interesting.  Thank you.

It was really just an academic question.  I was thinking of using 127.0.0.2 for one instance and 127.0.0.1 for the other.  This would keep the ports of my two instances the same.  I'll just choose different shutdown ports.  My two instances have the same http listen ports so I was just thinking of keeping them as close as possible to each other but it isn't strictly necessary.

Fu-Tung

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.