Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Valery Ciareszka <va...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/22 12:06:06 UTC

multiple ip addresses in zone

Hi all,

I'm using CS 4.1 / KVM with different bridge labels(vlans) for each type of
traffic - cloudbrpublic, cloudbrstor,cloudbrmanage,cloudbrguest

I tried to add real ip subnetwork to zone as guest network, but it seems
that cloudstack tries to route its traffic through guest bridge label, thus
vms with real ip addresses don't have access to internet  - cloudstack
agent creates bridge for guest network with real ips on top of cloudbrguest
instead of cloudbrpublic.

Is it possible to combine isolated guest network(private rfc1918 ips ) with
shared guest network(public ips)  within the same zone ?

Valery

http://protocol.by/slayer

Re: multiple ip addresses in zone

Posted by Murali Reddy <Mu...@citrix.com>.
On 22/07/13 5:29 PM, "Valery Ciareszka" <va...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>Not sure what you meant by 'combined' isolated and guest networks, but
>>you
>can have both 'isolated' and 'shared' networks co-existing in a zone.
>
>I created shared network -
>http://thesuki.org/temp/ss/SS-20130722145047.png
>Cloudstack treats it as guest network:
>http://thesuki.org/temp/ss/SS-20130722145209.png
>And when I create VM within this "whitenet", its traffic is going through
>guest vlan (guest network as
>http://thesuki.org/temp/ss/SS-20130722145337.png)  on HV node.
>But this guest vlan has no access to public internet. Is it possible to
>configure CS so that traffic from this "whiteguest"  network would flow
>through public network as on
>http://thesuki.org/temp/ss/SS-20130722145337.png instead of guest network
>?

Sorry, I replied to the question with out properly understanding the
problem. 'Shared' networks are treated as networks with traffic type as
'Guest'. So in this case even though 'whiteguest' shared network is
created with with real public ips' traffic still goes through
'cloudbrguest' instead of 'cloudbrpublic'. Unfortunately user can not
create network/network offering with public traffic type. You may want to
work around the problem.

Posted by Valery Ciareszka <va...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Murali Reddy <Mu...@citrix.com>.