Posted to general@gump.apache.org by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com> on 2003/09/27 19:23:16 UTC

Synchronizing Packages

Leo (et all)

Do you do some sort of rsynch from Sam's machine in order to get installed
packages? I am trying to help set up another Python Gump and  wondered if
there was some sort of commandline I could cron to synch from your to there
(using ssh and my account). Thoughts?

BTW: I worked on the .cvspass problem recently, and on the odd days my
company's network allows me to your machine, I'll check it out. Hopefully
CVS (and the build) will start to work better w/ that.

BTW: Could you explain again about the problem with having to nicing Python
Gump or it spawns to fast for something to keep up? Thanks in advance.

regards

Adam
--
Experience Sybase Technology...
http://www.try.sybase.com

Re: Synchronizing Packages

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:
> Do you do some sort of rsynch from Sam's machine in order to get installed
> packages?

nope. Probably should, though :D

> I am trying to help set up another Python Gump and  wondered if
> there was some sort of commandline I could cron to synch from your to there
> (using ssh and my account). Thoughts?

sure, you chould use something like

rsync -av --delete --rsh="ssh"
	ajack@lsd.student.utwente.nl:/data/gump/opt .

note this requires an ssh account on my machine :D. See the rsync
manpage for details...

> BTW: I worked on the .cvspass problem recently, and on the odd days my
> company's network allows me to your machine, I'll check it out.

firewalling off port 22 is just dumb!

> BTW: Could you explain again about the problem with having to nicing Python
> Gump or it spawns to fast for something to keep up? Thanks in advance.

The error in gumpy.html with code 256 mean that python was unable to
spawn a process through os.system(), or was able to but the process
exited with code 1 (see the docs for the function). I thought that it
meant it was unable to spawn a process at all...that turns out to be
incorrect :$

cheers!

- LSD