Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Ilia Lobsanov <il...@lobsanov.com> on 2000/05/01 18:23:30 UTC

Embperl HIDDEN

The docs state:
	<<If you use just the 'hidden' command without parameters, it simply
generates hidden fields for all form fields submitted to this document which
aren't already contained in another input field.

My question is: (how) can I use the hidden command to generate hidden fields
for ALL form fields, regardless if they're already contained in another
input field?

thank you.

Re: Embperl HIDDEN

Posted by Robert <ro...@robert.cz>.
indrek siitan wrote:

> looks like everyone has his own problems with hidden. :) I've sworn
> a lot of dirty words trying to understand under which circumstances
> hidden doesn't recognize that the value has already been used in
> <SELECT> and reprints it, resulting in "field=value<tab>value" in
> the next page the data is submitted to..

Hi,

  I'm just having the same problem - what did you do to fix it?

- Robert

RE: Embperl HIDDEN

Posted by indrek siitan <tf...@cafe.ee>.
Hi,

> My question is: (how) can I use the hidden command to generate
> hidden fields for ALL form fields, regardless if they're already
> contained in another input field?

looks like everyone has his own problems with hidden. :) I've sworn
a lot of dirty words trying to understand under which circumstances
hidden doesn't recognize that the value has already been used in
<SELECT> and reprints it, resulting in "field=value<tab>value" in
the next page the data is submitted to..

anyway, the solution you're looking for is: [$ hidden %fdat $] (as
described in the manual)

Rgds,
  Tfr

  --==< tfr@cafe.ee >==< http://tfr.cafe.ee/ >==< +1-504-4467425 >==--