Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by "dipali.kucheria" <di...@wachovia.com> on 2007/12/10 19:37:59 UTC

ServiceMix 3.2.1 with JBoss 4.2.1

Im trying to integrate ServiceMix 3.2.1 with JBoss 4.2.1 based on following
http://servicemix.apache.org/jboss-integration.html

I managed to build the Jboss Deployer (not without a few maven issues) and
deployed it on Jboss 4.2.1 , only to realise that this was using ServiceMix
3.1.2 internally and Jboss 4.0.5.
I rebuilt with
<servicemix-version>3.2.1</servicemix-version>
<jboss-version>4.2.1</jboss-version>

and the deployer is giving following error :

2007-12-10 12:19:05,551 DEBUG [org.servicemix.jboss.deployment.JBIService]
Starting failed org.servicemix:service=JBIService
java.lang.ClassCastException:
com.arjuna.ats.jbossatx.jta.TransactionManagerDelegate
	at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.container.JBIContainer.setTransactionManager(JBIContainer.java:794)
	at
org.servicemix.jboss.deployment.JBIService.startService(JBIService.java:235)
	at
org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalStart(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:289)
	at
org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalLifecycle(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:245)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at
	at
org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:155)
	at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:94)
	at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:86)
	at
org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
	at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
	at
org.jboss.system.ServiceController$ServiceProxy.invoke(ServiceController.java:978)
	at $Proxy0.start(Unknown Source)
	at org.jboss.system.ServiceController.start(ServiceController.java:417)

Any pointers ? Anyone who can help me unravel this ?

Re: ServiceMix 3.2.1 with JBoss 4.2.1

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
I would recommend to first try with the apache-servicemix-web distribution
instead of the jboss deployer.

On Jan 25, 2008 9:06 PM, Char <ch...@gmx.net> wrote:

> Have you solved this problem?
> I would like to integrate ServiceMix 3.2.1 in JBoss 4.2 too. Would be nice
> if you tell me how you did it.
>
> Thx
> Alex
>

> dipali.kucheria wrote:
> >

> > Any pointers ? Anyone who can help me unravel this ?

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: ServiceMix 3.2.1 with JBoss 4.2.1

Posted by Char <ch...@gmx.net>.

Posted by netflexity <mf...@netflexity.com>.
Chris, I also had to comment out the following dependencies since they get
excluded from .sar anyway, but I get complains from Maven, which cannot find
these jars.

<!--dependency>
      <groupId>jboss</groupId>
      <artifactId>jboss-system</artifactId>
      <version>${jboss-version}</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>jboss</groupId>
      <artifactId>jboss-jmx</artifactId>
      <version>${jboss-version}</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>jboss</groupId>
      <artifactId>jboss-common</artifactId>

Posted by Johan Edstrom <je...@savoirtech.com>.
Servicemix 4 is based on an osgi runtime in the bottom, i'd kinda be
like trying to deploy glassfish on jboss.

Posted by rsmaoui <s-...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

no, ServiceMix 4.x is more designed to run as standalone (not deployed
in something).

However, you can start ServiceMix (using bin/servicemix) and use the EJB
remotely, deployed in JBoss.

Regards
JB

On 05/03/2012 03:22 PM, rsmaoui wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it is possible to deploy servicemix 4.2 under jboss 5?

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com