Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Yubiao Feng <yu...@streamnative.io.INVALID> on 2023/11/29 08:07:41 UTC

[Discuss] Revert #20659 because it introduces a class that is not supported by JDK-1.8

Hi all

https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/20659 introduced the class
`jdk.internal.platform.Container`, but this class was introduced by JDK-11.
So after this PR, `branch-2.10` of Pulsar did not support `JDK-1.8` anymore.

But our doc-side
https://pulsar.apache.org/docs/2.10.x/getting-started-standalone/#system-requirements
said that the Pulsar release `2.10.x` can be started with `JDK-1.8`.

So I want to revert the PR https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/20659.

Thanks
Yubiao Feng

Re: [Discuss] Revert #20659 because it introduces a class that is not supported by JDK-1.8

Posted by Yubiao Feng <yu...@streamnative.io.INVALID>.
Hi Lari

Thank you, I saw all the context. It's such a great comment!!

I reverted the PR https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/20659

Thanks
Yubiao Feng

Posted by Lari Hotari <lh...@apache.org>.