Posted to user@hive.apache.org by "Black, Brent" <Br...@DISNEY.COM> on 2012/01/27 00:40:43 UTC

modify Hive history file location

I'm attempting to change the default location where hive stores its history files.   I modified the hive.log.dir property in the hive-exec-log4j.properties and hive-log4j.properties files.  However, this only seemed to move the hive.log file to the new location.  The hive_job_log* and *.pipeout files were still going to the default /tmp/{username} directory.  I'm running Hive version 0.7.1 on CentOS.  Is there some other property or environment variable I need to change to get hive to use something other than the /tmp directory for these files?

Brent Black, CISA, CSFA
Staff Data Warehouse Engineer, Data Services
Disney Technology Solutions & Services
925 Fourth Avenue, Suite 1600 | Seattle, WA 98104
*: 206.664.4472 | È:  206.618.0720
*: brent.black@disney.com<ma...@disney.com>

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
Albert Einstein

RE: modify Hive history file location

Posted by "Black, Brent" <Br...@disney.com>.
That fixed it.  Thanks!

Brent Black

Change the value of this property "hive.querylog.location"  . By default value is "/tmp/{user.name}"

Hope It Helps,

Chinna Rao Lalam