Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Richard Berger <ri...@actiontech.com> on 2004/01/22 23:38:59 UTC

js_pane vs. js_panename....

I have a pane with the id P-fa3f54716a-10000and the name NewPage (see
the portlets entry below from the default.psml file).  In that case
shouldn't the two URLs be identical?  I find that only the first one
(with the id) is valid.  Or perhaps I am more fundamentally confused?
Could this be a bug??  (Probably just my confusion)

http://localhost:7001/jetspeed/portal/media-type/html/user/turbine/page/
default.psml/js_pane/P-fa3f54716a-10000
http://localhost:7001/jetspeed/portal/media-type/html/user/turbine/page/
default.psml/js_panename/NewPage

    <portlets id="P-fa3f54716a-10000">
        <metainfo>
            <description>NewPage</description>
            <title>NewPage</title>
        </metainfo>
        <security-ref parent="owner-only"/>
        <layout position="1" size="-1"/>
        <entry id="P-fa3f64af11-10001" parent="JMetroStatusForm">
            <layout position="-1" size="-1">
                <property name="column" value="0"/>
                <property name="row" value="0"/>
            </layout>
        </entry>
    </portlets>

I am setting up the capability for a DatabaseBrowserPortlet to show more
detailed information in another pane.  I have it working, but I have to
use the id rather the name, and I was thinking the name should work.

Thanks for the help!
RB

Twenty Years | One Mission | Accelerating Business Processes

Richard Berger
Action Technologies, Inc.
VP, Product Management
510.748.1017 (Office)
510.769.0596 (Fax)
www.actiontech.com

NOTE: The opinions expressed herein are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Action Technologies, Inc. or its employees or its affiliates.