Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Christopher Jackson <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/12 17:53:17 UTC

Possible to have custom command name with spaces in custom service

I have a custom service with a custom command as shown below:

<customCommand>
  <name>Remove_Sample_Data</name>
  <commandScript>
    <script>scripts/server.py</script>
    <scriptType>PYTHON</scriptType>
    <timeout>600</timeout>
  </commandScript>
</customCommand>

I would like for this custom command to be shown in the service actions drop down as ‘Remove Sample Data’. Is this possible? It seems not since the name of the custom command should match the name of the function in the script. Is there another element nested under customCommand to achieve what I want, something like <displayName> or the like?

Regards,

Christopher Jackson

Re: Possible to have custom command name with spaces in custom service

Posted by Dmitry Vasilenko <dv...@gmail.com>.
We are facing the same problem. Submitted

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-11974

to track the issue.

Regards
Dmitry Vasilenko