Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Subramani, GnanaShekar (GE Healthcare, non-ge)" <Gn...@med.ge.com> on 2005/01/12 15:53:27 UTC

[users@httpd] Rotate Apache access log.

Hi,

I am using the following line in httpd.conf to rotate Apache error logs.
ErrorLog "|/apps/apache_2.0.52_1/bin/rotatelogs /apps/apache_2.0.52_1/logs/error_log 86400"

I am not able to use rotatelogs for Apache access logs.  Please let me know how you guys rotate access logs.

Thanks & Regards,
-GnanaShekar-

Re: [users@httpd] Rotate Apache access log.

Posted by Aman Raheja <ar...@techquotes.com>.
For those still looking, here's a very nice replacement for the older
log rotations
http://directory.fsf.org/All_Packages_in_Directory/httplog.html

Aman Raheja

Posted by Laura Vance <va...@winfreeacademy.com>.
Subramani, GnanaShekar (GE Healthcare, non-ge) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am using the following line in httpd.conf to rotate Apache error logs.
>ErrorLog "|/apps/apache_2.0.52_1/bin/rotatelogs /apps/apache_2.0.52_1/logs/error_log 86400"
>
>I am not able to use rotatelogs for Apache access logs.  Please let me know how you guys rotate access logs.
>
>Thanks & Regards,
>-GnanaShekar-

If you're using Linux or any UNIX derivative, logrotate is the best
alternative.  Then you just create an apache file in the
/etc/logrotate.d directory with your rotation options.

Laura Vance
Systems Engineer
Winfree Academy Charter Schools
6221 Riverside Dr. Suite 110