Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Reizinger Zoltán <zr...@hdsnet.hu> on 2014/08/29 15:23:20 UTC

Download page bug on test-hu site

Hi,

We on good track to translate the Hungarian site, only why folders
remains untranslated.
But I met the on bug that I can not solve on
openoffice.org/test-hu/download page.
When I load this page always the en_US version suggested me for download.
I cheked several other language site html, and js files in download
folder, and can not see any differences.
What I missed?

Regards,
Zoltan

Re: Download page bug on test-hu site

Posted by Michal Hriň <hr...@apache.org>.
Hi,

in file, msg_prop_l10n_test_hu.js, in /download/ directory at the begin
of this file you will find this

--

// Set a specific language ISO code to force to assemble a download link
with a certain language.

--

just rewrite "xx" to your ISO country code "hu".

Regards,
Michal Hriň

Dňa 29.08.2014 o 15:23 Reizinger Zoltán napísal(a):

Posted by YoheY - OpenOffice <op...@yohey.hu>.
I guess it's not a big problem. I mean translators were not invited.
Voluteers, no time, etc. One comes in, one goes away. As developers.

Translators should translate as good as they can, to offer a pleasant
site to the OpenOffice visitors on their own language. Maybe lectors,
lyterateurs should be invited to read the translations at the finalizing.

But developers should offer an easy-to-use surface to the translators.
Not files, js and mdtext, and html, but the whole website should appear
in editable format.
All the content of the page should be editable on the spot. As textfields.
Stone TV...

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 29/08/2014 YoheY - OpenOffice wrote:
> Reading back it seems I invented cms, but I thought something different.
> Simplier and absolutely on the page, on the spot.

Well, possibly we are reaching the limits of our current technology and
need to find something better.

The CMS works in the way you probably know, but the overhead is heavy
for new contributors.

Something like https://translate.apache.org/projects/aoo40/ is more
indirect but might work better, who knows. People can work online, it
may get tedious too (you need to be online; offline translation is
faster) but it helps a lot when there is more than one person working on
the same language. And we would be able to reuse the current account
creation policy on Pootle (no need for special rights, just a request to
the list).

It is an option we can consider, but the technical work is not trivial
(not impossible either); we discussed it earlier and I even posted a
proof of concept back then, but if someone is available to do the
technical work (or try) we can investigate it together.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Download page bug on test-hu site

Posted by YoheY - OpenOffice <op...@yohey.hu>.

Posted by Aivaras Stepukonis <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
YoheY - OpenOffice wrote:
> I suggest the same as Michal did.
> What's more - almost an hour earlier to Michal's response - I did sent
> the mentioned file  : msg_prop_l10n_test_hu.js
> Which contains the mentioned correction: DL.NL_LANG                    =
> "xx"; -> 'hu'
> That is the exact file which you were NOT willing to upload and see if
> it is the right solution.

I can understand this. The msg_prop_l10n_*.js files are relatively new
and they broke recently. So it's OK to validate changes to those files
here on the list, since they may result in a broken site and we all just
went through it with the 4.1.1 release, where we had to manually fix all
translated pages.

> Thank you for your kind effort to absolutely slowing down to set up the
> Hungarian subsite in common and leaving it in a state of full of
> punctuation, spelling, linking and other mistakes.

I'm seeing nice progress on the test-hu site, so you two are doing a
nice work together, don't spoil it this way. For fixing small things
like punctuation our workflow is absolutely irritating (for me too). I
very rarely use the CMS, since it's overkill for this kind of changes.
You can work with patches or whatever you find efficient, or submit a
cumulative patch. We are all volunteers, with often very limited time
available, and delays are to be expected.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Download page bug on test-hu site

Posted by YoheY - OpenOffice <op...@yohey.hu>.
Dear Zoltán,

I suggest the same as Michal did.

What's more - almost an hour earlier to Michal's response - I did sent
the mentioned file  : msg_prop_l10n_test_hu.js
Which contains the mentioned correction: DL.NL_LANG                    =
"xx"; -> 'hu'

That is the exact file which you were NOT willing to upload and see if
it is the right solution.

Thank you for your kind effort to absolutely slowing down to set up the
Hungarian subsite in common and leaving it in a state of full of
punctuation, spelling, linking and other mistakes.

Regards,
csaba

msg_prop_l10n_test_hu.js

Posted by YoheY - OpenOffice <op...@yohey.hu>.
After being publicly rude with my college, Zoltán, I should be publicly
(Flin)stoned.

I do apologize for it.

The vulcano should erupt to let the gold out.

Regards,
csaba