Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by richard shi <km...@yahoo.com> on 2009/10/01 18:14:37 UTC

[Karaf 1.1.0 snapshot] Some possible issues on features

All,

Please have a look at these 2 possible issues:

1. Start Karaf 1.1.0 snapshot, type "features:install webconsole", at first, it will throw an exception "can not get org.apache.felix.karaf.webconsole.admin-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar", run "osgi:list", you can see some bundles listed in this feature(like org.apache.felix.metatype) are installed. My point is if the feature install failed then the newly installed bundles should be uninstalled.

2. I manually added the missed webconsole bundles into system/ folder or modified the poms & descriptors to assembly the needed bundles into distribution packages, and now "features:install webconsole" works. In the apache-felix-karaf-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-features.xml, I found the http port was 8181, and it did listen on that port, but after I restarted the karaf, this time, it listened on default 8080 port. This means the configuration in feature.xml setting can not survive after framework restart.

All comments are welcome.

Thanks,

--Richard

Re: [Karaf 1.1.0 snapshot] Some possible issues on features

Posted by richard shi <km...@yahoo.com>.
OK, I will try.

Thanks for reporting.   Could you raise JIRA about those two issues.
I think both should be fixed asap.
If you're fancy working on patches, just say so ;-)

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [Karaf 1.1.0 snapshot] Some possible issues on features

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet