Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michael Rush <mi...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/15 18:23:36 UTC

sslext -- anyone using it?

I'm looking into implementing something to force ssl for logins (and
a few other pages) and then switching back to standard http once
logged in.

I found sslext at http://sslext.sourceforge.net/ but it looks like it
hasn't been updated in a couple of years. I have a couple of concerns:
  * I'm running struts 1.3.x, which isn't officially supported
  * it requires using a custom controller/processorClass. I'm
currently using the TilesRequestProcessor. So (I think) I'd have to
create a custom Tiles processor that extends their
SecureRequestProcessor.

Are any of you using sslext? Or, any other solution?

I also saw Ted's page at http://husted.com/struts/FAQ/controller-
ssl.htm where another solution was offered, but I'm opposed to
putting the host/domain info in the struts config file.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael

Re: sslext -- anyone using it?

Posted by Adam J Samere <as...@rochester.rr.com>.
I have been using the sslext library for some time. I have only used it
with Struts 1.1 and 1.2 though, never with 1.3.

As for your concerns regarding the custom controller/processor class,
sslext comes with a SecureTilesRequestProcessor class. I have been using
it with tiles without issue.

Adam

Re: sslext -- anyone using it?

Posted by Brett Connor <br...@spamcop.net>.
Huh. Completely the wrong post to reply to. Sorry folks... this of course was
meant for the "Oracle Sequence" question.

Brett

Re: sslext -- anyone using it?

Posted by Brett Connor <br...@spamcop.net>.