Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by idioma <co...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/01 10:27:16 UTC

Error setting up environment for Custom Processor

Hi,
I have followed this set of instructions in order to build custom NiFi
Processor:

https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/4318/build-custom-nifi-processor.html
<https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/4318/build-custom-nifi-processor.html>

However, when running mvn install or mvn clean install, I am returned with
the following error:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
Downloading:
https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/nifi/nifi-nar-bundl
es/0.1.0-incubating/nifi-nar-bundles-0.1.0-incubating.pom
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project hwx:HWX:1.0
(D:\nifi-0.5.1\custom-processors\HWX\pom.xml)
has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not transfer artifact
org.apache.ni
fi:nifi-nar-bundles:pom:0.1.0-incubating from/to central
(https://repo.maven.apa
che.org/maven2): Connect to repo.maven.apache.org:443
[repo.maven.apache.org/23.
235.43.215] failed: Connection refused: connect and 'parent.relativePath'
points                                                at wrong local POM @
line 19, column 13 -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
swit                                               ch.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please
rea                                               d the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildin
gException
[ERROR] [Help 2]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/UnresolvableMo
delException

Can you help?

Thank you!

Re: Error setting up environment for Custom Processor

Posted by idioma <co...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Bryan,
over the weekend I had another look at the issue and yes I managed to get it
work changing it to the latest NiFi 0.6.0.

Thank you for your help,

I.

Re: Error setting up environment for Custom Processor

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I think there are two options... You could try going through your Pom files
and anywhere you see 0.1.0-incubating change it to the latest NiFi release
of 0.6.0.

A second option is to not rely on the nifi-nar-bundles parent, the steps to
remove that are described here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Maven+Projects+for+Extensions#MavenProjectsforExtensions-Inheritance

Let us know if it still isn't working after that.

Thanks,

Bryan

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile